Date: 2/26/18 9:10 am
From: Steve Seibel <sseibel999...>
Subject: quick notes re weather
* Very strong south winds aloft, plus good soaring conditions (thermal
updrafts), forecast for both 2/26 and 2-27.

* On 2-24 the winds were from the north or northwest all day, so the
thousands of Sandhill Cranes I saw coming into Quivira NWR in the
evening from the north (presumably from feeding areas) may not have
travelled far on that day I wonder when they actually arrived in the
area. Winds had a southerly component (as well as an easterly
component) on 2-25 so they may have gone on their way then. More will
surely be on the move today 2/26 and tomorrow 2-27.

Steve Seibel

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to