Date: 2/26/18 8:47 am
From: mike rader <mike_rader...>
Subject: Snowy Owl in Barton Co.

If travelling through Barton County on K-156 Highway in the Claflin area, keep an eye out for a Snowy Owl as I has one cross in front of me this morning predawn. I was happy to not have hit it with the vehicle! I had a Short-eared Owl a few miles to the northeast do the same thing. Again, no collision! Also, I made a quick trip to the west side of the Big Salt Marsh of Quivira to see what the bird situation was there. Thousands of Sandhill Cranes lined up on the west side of the marsh and tens of thousands of white geese, White-fronted Geese, N. Pintails and Mallards in the water. The five Trumpeter and 2 Tundra Swans reported from the weekend were still there as well.

Mike Rader
Wilson and/or Pratt,??KS

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to