Date: 2/26/18 8:33 am
From: Bill Hilton Jr. <research...>
Subject: Hilton Pond 12/14/17 (2017 Bird Banding Summary w/Hummingbirds)
Since many of you West Virginians are birding friends, I though you might like to review the following:

At the end of each calendar year I examine all my recent bird banding records and--along with interesting return and recapture results--summarize the data in words and photos and easily understood charts and tables. It takes a long time to prepare the summary, but it's a great way for me to make sense of my banding efforts and describe them for other nature watchers. I've posted the write-up as Installment #666 of "This Week at Hilton Pond" for 24-31 Dec 2017. Included is an account of a relatively successful year for Ruby-throated hummingbirds, which also set a new record for returns in 2017.

For good measure I throw in info about Hilton Pond Center's 12-month Yard List. And, alas, there's also news about an event that had negative effect on one of the Center's habitats. Please take a look at the report, comment if you wish, and pass along the link to friends who might be interested. <>

Happy Nature Watching!

Please "Like" our Facebook pages at <> for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at <>

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond

Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

Please visit our web sites:
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at <>
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at <>

Join us on Facebook!