Date: 2/26/18 8:15 am
From: Dan Larson <0000008df5d69958-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Baker Wetlands Survey
Roger Boyd, Scott Kimball, Nick Pumphrey, Joe Hoelscher surveyed Baker Wetlands, Lawrence, Kansas. Fifty-one species were found. Previously on about this date: 17- 61; 16 - 61; 15 - 48; 14 - 26 (heavy construction, no water?); 13 - 35; 12 - 38; 11 - 35
Probably the most exciting find was a Lesser Yellowlegs. In looking at ebird this was the first sandpiper for this year in Kansas .It always seems surprizing to see shorebirds in water with ice. But I guess when you consider where many of them summer it should not be. We also observed two adult Bald Eagles sitting next to each other at the east end of Baker Wetlands in one of the tall cottonwoods. Complete list below.
ThanksDan LarsonBerryton Ks

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to