Date: 2/25/18 5:40 pm
From: Karyn Delaney <delaneykaryn...>
Subject: Fwd: eBird Report - Moraine SP--South Shore, Feb 25, 2018
I drove to Moraine this afternoon taking Route 528 in Evans City to go to
the Waterfowl Observation Platform. Along Route 528 near the
Connoquenessing Creek, there was a farm field that was flooded. There were
at least 200 Red-winged Blackbirds in the field and surrounding trees along
with at least 50 Robins. I saw 4 Turkey Vultures while driving also.

The water levels at Moraine are quite high. The level at the Waterfowl
Observation Platform is the highest I have ever seen it with the boat
launch and parking lot at the road end under water.

At the South Shore I saw my first Killdeer (2) of the year. On the lake
were 28 Common Mergansers.

I went to the North Shore also, but saw no additional waterfowl.

Karyn Delaney

Subject: Butler County - eBird Report - Moraine SP--South Shore, Feb 25,

Moraine SP--South Shore, Butler, Pennsylvania, US
Feb 25, 2018 2:35 PM - 3:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
10 species

Canada Goose 8
Mallard 5
Common Merganser 28
Turkey Vulture 2
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Killdeer 2 FOY
Ring-billed Gull 37
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 6
American Robin 3

View this checklist online at

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (
Join us on Facebook!