Date: 2/25/18 4:45 pm
From: Rich Rieger via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Woodcocks @ Huntley Meadows (Fairfax Co.)
Sherman Suter and I ventured out on this damp and overcast eve in search of Woodcocks at Huntley Meadows. We arrived at the "traditional" Woodcock meadow (right side of hike bike trail heading toward the platform) around 5:50p

Display started w. the first peent approx 5:58p. May have started a bit early due to cloud cover. Had three males peenting before the first display flight around 6:10. Think there were 6 flights total and a probable F coming in to one of the males after he landed.

We left around 6:35 and there was still one male peenting. One, maybe two Barred owls hoo-ed to see us on our way.

Rich Rieger