Date: 2/25/18 4:09 pm
From: Joe Faulkner <joeinthewoods...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Woodcock, great horned owls, perry County.
Heard our first woodcock of the year in our prairie here in Perry County near Somerset. Actually saw the bird calling on the ground about twenty yards away. Saw it take flight and heard it in flight. Earliest ever for this site.
While waiting for the woodcock, we heard TWO Great Horned Owls calling from their normal spot in the hollow. Are certain they are nesting down there somewhere, having heard them more than a dozen times in recent weeks, and seen one of them on two occasions. What a great place we have here.

Joe Faulkner
Somerset, Ohio
Perry county
Sent from iPad