Date: 2/25/18 4:01 pm
From: Mike Epler <jmepler...>
Subject: American White Pelican, Little Gull, Lancaster County
This morning while looking for the recently reported Red-necked Grebe at the Conejohela Flats I found an American White Pelican sitting on Seaside Island near the bird blind. It later moved to the cove behind the blind, but was still visible through the trees.

Later, I moved to the west shore of the river. I had no luck finding the Red-necked Grebe from that side of the river either. But, I did find an adult Little Gull flying up river with a flock of Bonaparte's Gulls.

I eventually saw my target grebe back at Blue Rock Road, refound by Meredith Lombard.

I rounded out the day with a drake Long-tailed Duck found by Zach Millen at the Lemon St river access in Wrightsville.

Pretty good for a cold, rainy February day.

Mike Epler
Middletown, PA
Join us on Facebook!