Date: 2/25/18 10:49 am
From: Caryn Schutzler <bluedarner1...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Fluff following pays off for Fifth Year / Caryn / Wedgwood
Good morning, Birders,

Yesterday afternoon as I was getting ready to go to the store, I just happened to see an Anna’s plucking fluff (I had kind of given up since I’d only seen one taking some and flying out of the garden). As I waited to see if it took it to a tree where I’d been watching to see if it would go, it zipped straight up to the pine tree where they’ve nested the last four years!

I still went on my trip to the store, but when I got back I got the scope out. Unfortunately, the nest is on the backside of a branch. I can see moss and lichens tucked into the crotch of the fork of it and a couple other twig-sized branches. So, when it sits it there, I can only see a tail and a head. But it should be well camouflaged from intruders.

Today, I’ve seen her grab a tuft of fluff and head up there. I think she’s just forming it and lining it. Preparation. We shall see.

I hope all of you will follow the fluff. In a way, I guess my posts are full of fluff. But it’s great fluff, Mrs. Preske! The Anna’s love it!

Good birding! Stay tuned…

Tweeters mailing list
Join us on Facebook!