Date: 2/25/18 7:54 am
From: Nickilas Paulson <grendelpgill...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Oregon Junco, Upton, 2/23-2/25
My father found a female Oregon Junco Friday morning. He saw it again twice this morning, I finally got a glimpse of it mixed in with a group of Slate-colored Juncos heading up our street. The Junco flocks move up and down our street.
It has been several years since I have had a new yard species, but last year I had a northern Red-tailed Hawk, so this one was quite nice to see, I have had some in between Cassiar types before, but not a full typical Oregon, directly matching the book, in MA before.
I will keep an eye open for it in the mornings this week. We live on Ridge Road in Upton. Most feeder set ups along the street are viewable from the road, and Upton SF is at the S end of the road. It has only passed through our yard in the mornings.

Nickilas Paulson
Upton, Ma

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!