Date: 2/25/18 4:07 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Wildlife (not bird) related
Last night I was woken up by the sound of a fox barking.  It seemed to be right outside my bedroom window.  It's not unusual to hear fox in my neighborhood, but what was unusual about this one was that it didn't move.  It stayed in the same spot, barking loudly, for approximately 10 minutes.  The barking was constant the entire time, with no let-up.  I'm used to foxes barking near my home, but they're always moving.  My question to everyone would be, what might cause the fox to stay in the same spot, barking continually?  Trying to attract a mate?