Date: 2/24/18 8:41 pm
From: Glenn d'Entremont <gdentremont1...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] 5 Greater White-fronted Goose and 1 Cackling Goose
No semi-hardy lingerers today. After a December snow and a brutally cold January doesn't really surprise me.

Highlights from today:

5 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE continuing -on Windswept Farm with 200+ geese, flew off to the west when workers drove out on field (they apologized, but had to complete their work) Could these be the Nahant birds?

3 Pied-billed Grebes at pond on the southern end of Sconticut Neck

2 Red-shouldered Hawks over Shaw Road

2 Killdeers at Shaw Road

1 Snowy Owl at Hoppy's Landing

11 Carolina Wren-been awhile since I had double digit C Wrens!

1 Winter Wren-Bike path to Little Bay

11 Yellow-rumped Warblers in one flock-Bike path

1 CACKLING GOOSE-continuing bird seen from the parking lot of the yacht club just south of Shaw's Boat Yard on Pleasant Street; actually could be seen from Tricentennial Park. Birds swam out of sight around the bend as the 200+ geese were swimming up river toward Sweet Knoll State Park and Bristol aggie fields; about a 2 mile swim.

2 Red-shouldered Hawks- before the sun disappeared

Glenn d'Entremont: <gdentremont1...> Stoughton, MA
Join us on Facebook!