Date: 2/24/18 9:08 am
From: Herb Wilson <whwilson...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Spring Arrival Date Project
Hello all,

Many of you have contributed spring arrival dates to the monitoring project
I have been running since 1994. I have decided to end the project with the
2017 season. I am grateful to the many birders who have contributed over
63,000 arrival dates to the project.

I recently published a paper on the entire 24-year dataset. You can
download a copy at:

The summary paper is the second one in the list. Click on the reprint link
to download a pdf copy. You can also download copies of six other papers
from the project by scrolling down the list.

If you wish to see the 2017 data, you can use this web app to explore the

The web app provides lots of flexibility to allow one to explore the

Dr. Herb Wilson
Department of Biology
5739 Mayflower Hill Drive
Colby College
Waterville, ME 04901

Phone: (207) 859-5739 E-mail: <whwilson...>
FAX: (207) 859-5705
Web sites:

“Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” - Gary Snyder

Maine birds mailing list
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!