Date: 2/23/18 6:46 pm
From: John Kamerud <jqkamerud...>
Subject: RE: [MASSBIRD] Info on Vangaurd Endeavor
I will reply all for Gary’s sake😊

I own this model scope and have been happy with it. I admit it is a little intimidating when birding with a group and everyone else is toting a $3000 Swarovski, but I was not willing to make that big investment. Most of my birding is with binoculars, but I wanted to be able to ID ducks out on the lake occasionally. For a moderate price range (you should be able to find this one for a little over $500), the Vanguard is a good value. It’s rugged and I haven’t had any problems. However if you plan to do a lot of coastal birding (longer distance waterfowl and shorebirds), you probably will want to spend more.

John Kamerud
Windham, NH

Sent from Mail<> for Windows 10

From: g watkevich <gwatkevich...>
Date: 2/23/18 1:04 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: "<Massbird...>" <Massbird...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Info on Vangaurd Endeavor

I am thinking about purchasing the "Vanguard Endeavor HD 82A 20-60x 82mm Angled Spotting Scope, BAK4 Roof Prism". I have read that it's considered a best value and highly recommended in the $500 - $1000 price range. I am interested in hearing from any Massbirders that own this scope and their opinions. You can email your comments <gwatkevich...> so as not to create unnecessary traffic on Massbird.
Greg Watkevich

Join us on Facebook!