Date: 2/23/18 5:07 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Salamanders and some nice birds
Just a post to let the salamander watchers know that the Jefferson complex salamanders began migrating to the breeding ponds tonight here in Rush. The ponds are frozen on top but the edges are thawed and there is already a lot of tadpole and red spotted newt activity in spots where I can see into the water. The earliest date I have had salamander movement in the last 25 yrs was March 1st so this is a record breaker.

Bird wise we have a pair of Ravens displaying territorial behavior in our side woods on 5 Pts Rd and a mature Bald Eagle visiting the marsh at the Five Pts Rd/ HF #6 Rd intersection also in Rush.
Martha Zettel
Rush, NY

Sent from my iPad