Date: 2/23/18 4:25 pm
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] West Centennial Gull Movement (Arapahoe)
Over the last hour or so, several hundred gulls have been headed west over
my Centennial neighborhood (just north of University & Arapahoe). I noted
most of them while walking my dogs. I had no binoculars with me and am an
absolute beginner with gulls. So all I can say is that the vast majority
appeared to be Ring-billed, but there also appeared to be several larger
gulls mixed into the several flocks that passed over.This happened last
January (2017) as well. Then, David Suddjian noted them over Littleton too,
where they seemed headed toward McClellan Reservoir. (That post here
David picked out some very good gulls from those flocks; I could only pick
out a few Herring.

Also on the walk were two, possibly three, Golden-crowned Kinglets.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

To view this discussion on the web visit<9fd74b22-255c-48df-b9aa-9c90c3c3c05b...>
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!