Date: 2/23/18 4:11 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] S. Coast Birds
Was gone recently but heard that Sheila Chambers, down south of Brookings
in Harbor, had a female BULLOCK'S ORIOLE at her feeder on or about the 18th
of Feb. Not sure if it has lingered. She has a nice photo.

I was at Johnson Mill Pond in Coquille a couple days ago and the
VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS were in. There were probably 30 Trees and maybe 6-8

At our house in Coos Bay we have several male Selasphorus in. In addition
to the Selasphorus male with a over 50% green-back we have
another Selasphorus with considerably less than a 50% green-back.
Confusion in the hybrid zone! We do have a female in and one totally
red-backed Selasphorus that some would call a Rufous. Mayhem at the feeders
now with 10+ hummers at a couple feeders around dusk every night jockeying
for a feeding port.

Eurasian Wigeon male still around and vocalizing in Mingus Park.

Happy birding all!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!