Date: 2/23/18 1:14 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: Konterra Drive fields and ponds (private property, restricted access)
On 2/23/18, Steve Huy <grisly.remains...> wrote:
> Is this being posted here because the violators are members of this group? I
> would think with all the warnings that the members know not to trespass at
> this property. If they are ignoring it, continued warnings are not going to
> make a difference. I think that rather than repeated posts here the
> offending individuals should be targeted. Perhaps these constant public
> reminders that this place exists and has things of interest is creating more
> of a problem?
I think the majority of rarity traffic is generated by eBird postings.
That said, I think it does no harm to remind people who are on this
listserver about best behavior from time to time. I would rarely want
to travel more than 20 miles to see these marvels, but I understand
the excitement of rare birds. Bad behavior like death and taxes will
always be with us, but attempting to correct poor behaviors in others
is worth undertaking...

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter

To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here -
Join us on Facebook!