Date: 2/23/18 4:37 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: Re: [GeneseeBirds-L] [geneseebirds-googlegroup] Sweets Corners/Gloria Road Snowy Owl
Hi Mike,

I am sorry of I did anything wrong or disrespectful.

I did not think that driving past the Owl was being inappropriate, as long
as I did not drive closer than the road allowed and I did not get out of my
car or reach out of my car window to take a picture. A while ago, my
friend spotted a Snowy Owl while driving down the highway. They were able
to put over to the shoulder to watch it as it perched (even closer) on a
roadside sign stump, and they also never left their car. They were on a
schedule, so they didn't stay in that spot for long, but they were able to
view it from their car without issue. I feel that I was doing the same

I never deliberately get too close to a wild animal on foot, and when we go
viewing, we don't trespass, move brush or make noise.

I spotted this Owl in the same spot from the road, and it took me a half
hour to go home to grab my camera, and then another 15 minutes getting
permission to drive on the access road. That entire time, the owl
remained in the same spot.

I only stayed on the road about minutes, and then I was on my way, as I
also had a schedule.

Now I feel awful, as I feel that I am always respectful when birding.
Again, I'm sorry, and thank you for the education - I am always happy to
learn about birding.