Date: 2/22/18 12:47 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Sweets Corners/Gloria Road Snowy Owl
Hi Birders!

I was out and about today, NOT birding, and decided to see if I could spot
the Snowy Owl in the area of Sweets Corners and Gloria Road in Penfield
before heading home this afternoon.

And, I did!

S/he was perched atop a small barn in the field directly Southwest of the
small Gloria Road cemetary.

There is an access road between Salt and Gloria, that runs through the
large field. I asked permission to drive on the access road, which went
right past the barn, by the tenants whose landlord owns the land (off Salt

I did not leave the car - my camera just takes good close-up shots. I
drove past the barn slowly with my car window open, taking pictures. The
Snowy was not interested in my car at all, but when s/he did look my way, I
snapped a few nice shots.

Happy birding, and enjoy the day!
Janet (and James) Sandefur