Date: 2/22/18 11:27 am
From: A. Liebner <000000d98121eaef-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Large flock of Am. Robins in Berks Co. 2.21,
We drove past Penn State Berks Campus on Broadcasting Rd. around 8:25 am, yesterday, Feb. 21st.  The grounds and surrounding fields were filled with Am. Robins.   Too many to count, especially since I was driving.  On our return home around 3pm, we did not spot any at that location.
There were several Am. Robins here at our home in Wayne Twp. Schuylkill County this morning,  Feb. 22.
Interesting posts on the Snow Geese migration at Middle Creek.   Earlier this year, I went there with two friends, one who had never experienced the sight & sound of that amazing event.  We went in the afternoon of Wed. Jan. 31 and walked out to Willow Point.  I was happy to see the paved path and many birds near the point. A young man with a scope was kind enough to share close up views with us.  The Visitor's Center hadn't yet opened for the season and there were just a few other birders who braved the cold.  The birds lifted off the water when an immature Bald Eagle flew by, so there was enough activity to satisfy.  Even though the numbers weren't as high as recent posts, the thousands of Snow  Geese & Tundra Swans that day were enough to surprise & delight my friend, and the rest of us for that matter.
Ann Liebner
Wayne Twp. Schuylkill Co. PA
Join us on Facebook!