Date: 2/22/18 4:32 am
From: jugbayjs <jugbayjs...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Geese and Woodcocks
Sent by mistake before I finished. We normally have them by 3rd week in February here, but in general their numbers have been declining for many years. For the last several years I've only been seeing 1-3 displaying hereat this time of year, about a 50-75 percent decline. The trend is not likely to improve.

On a more positive note, we had the first Osprey of 2018 here yesterday, our third earliest arrival as noted in my eBird report.

Jeff Shenot
Croom Md

To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here -

Join us on Facebook!