Date: 2/21/18 5:05 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: Re: [GeneseeBirds-L] Waterfowl Movement
Same can be said for farther east in Rochester. Lynn Bergmeyer and I enjoyed a pleasant day of birding along Lake Ontario. Today, there were AMERICAN WIGEON in many places along the lakeshore, the highest group yielding about 68 right on the lake! Also, higher numbers of GADWALL and NORTHERN PINTAIL in several places, high counts for those were both around 30 on Braddock Bay. Lastly, Irondequoit Bay held many of its usually diving ducks, but 5 RING-NECKED DUCKS and 3 GREEN-WINGED TEAL also made an appearance. RED-WINGED BLACKBIRD numbers were also heightened at every location we visited.

Good Birding,

Robert Buckert