Date: 2/21/18 2:46 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Interactive NW raptor maps
I've just been messing around with the Winter Raptor maps that are on
the East Cascades Audubon Society's website at I'm not sure everyone
knows about this amazing source so I'll plug it here.  Jeff Fleischer
and Kevin Black-Tansky (working with the folks at National Audubon and
Environmental Systems Research Institute) have created interactive maps
summarizing the data that Jeff collects and collates on NW winter raptor
populations.  Just click on one of those raptor silhouettes and click on
the icon in the upper left hand corner that looks like a stack of papers
(layers).  Choose a species and watch what happens.  Zoom out to see the
whole Pacific NW or zoom into your own patch and check out the raptor
populations.  Very, very cool.  Kudos to Jeff and Kevin.

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
Powell Butte,