Date: 2/21/18 1:22 pm
From: Donald Sweig via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Mason neck State Park: Wednesday morning
Spent about an hour at Mason neck State Park this morning checking on the waterfowl. Less of everything than last week, however I still found:
Lots of Greater Scaup and Coots,
Also: Redhead, Canvasbacks, American Widgeon, Gadwall, Ruddy Ducks, and several Horned Grebes. There were many other ducks too far away to identify.
The highlight, for me, was about twenty-five Red-breasted Mergansers, well seen in the bright morning sunlight.
I did not find any Tundra Swans or any of the half-dozen breeding plumage Great Black-back gulls that I saw last week.
Lots of eagles, of course ,as well.
Found nothing at Pohick Bay on my way home.
Donald Sweig
Falls Church, Virginia

Sent from my iPhone