Date: 2/21/18 12:45 pm
From: MH Heveran <hheveran...>
Subject: 11 duck species (including Canvasback) plus Tundra Swan and FOY Eastern Meadowlark, Walt Rd, Green Lnae Reservoir, Montgomery Co.
Hello PA Birders,

I hit on a bit of a mini-fallout of waterfowl at Walt Rd day use area of Green Lane Reservoir this morning. Highlights included FOY Wood Ducks, a Canvasback, a Tundra Swan, and a FOY Eastern Meadowlark calling from a tree in the parking lot. The meadowlark was almost certainly a migrant on a brief stop.

Here is my eBird checklist:

I went back to Walt Rd. in the early afternoon. Most of the ducks were gone, but there were more pintails this time around and the swan was still there.

At the Church Rd overlook there were 2 Canvasbacks and one of the continuing Greater White-fronted Geese around noon.

Good birding,
Paul Heveran
Join us on Facebook!