Date: 2/21/18 12:36 pm
From: Carol Kampert <carolkampert...>
Subject: [cobirds] Common Redpolls (Boulder County)
Last Sunday, Feb. 18, three of us were thrilled to observe about 20 to 25
Common Redpolls in the shrub/ewill area next to the road between Nederland
and El Dora. Starting at 10:30 in a freeziing wind, we spent half an hour
observing them foraging for seeds on the ground, periodically flyiing up
into the shrub branches when a Steller's Jay appeared or when we made a
sudden move. The were still there when we decided to leave.
Unfortunately, we didn't get a photo of these beautiful, hardy red-capped
visitors from the north who seemed unfazed by wind gusts of up to 50 mph.

Happy winter birding, Carol Kampert

To view this discussion on the web visit<CAGdTUTa7oKo_DsCLPF9S3jDJ1jucj6tGYecPSApWbsHGtJk4RA...>
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!