Date: 2/21/18 12:18 pm
From: Devorah the Ornithologist <birdologist...>
Subject: [Tweeters] What Happened To America's Only Parrot?
Hello everyone,

I just published an obituary that I've been researching writing for a few
days that may interest you. This obituary is for the Carolina parakeet, a
species that went extinct today, when Incas, the last known representative
of his species, died in the Cincinnati Zoo 100 years ago.

In this piece, I tried to capture the natural history, and the personality
of these birds -- not easy since almost nothing is known about them -- and
to place that into the historical context in which the extinction of this
parrot occurred.

What Happened To America's Only Parrot

I hope you find this piece interesting. I am ALWAYS interested in more
photographs and documents/observations/letters that mention this species,
so please do let me know if you know of anything out there.

GrrlScientist | @GrrlScientist <>
Blogs: Forbes <> | Evolution
Institute <> |
Medium <>
Podcasts: BirdNote Radio <>
Keep up with my writing: TinyLetter <>
Tiny bio: <>
sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt. [Virgil, Aeneid]

Tweeters mailing list

Join us on Facebook!