Date: 2/21/18 12:17 pm
From: Kylee Sharp <kyleesharp...>
Subject: Black-legged kittiwake at Clinton Lake Marina, Lawrence, refound
Second snow day in a row, and since the roads were not as bad here in
Lawrence, I headed out to Clinton Marina to see if I could find the
black-legged kittiwake, and I DID!! Fourth time is the charm, I guess! It
was flying around over the marina in the area it's been previously reported
from. Those beautiful markings on the juvenile black-legged kittiwake were
easily picked out from the other gulls and the lone breeding plumaged
Franklin's gull that is flying around out there too.

Kylee Sharp
Lawrence, KS

“To the dull mind all nature is leaden. To the illuminated mind the whole
world burns and sparkles with light”

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to