Date: 2/20/18 9:06 pm
From: Robert Thorn <robthorn6...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] WhetstonePark,Columbus,2-20:blackbirds,BarredOwl,winterWren
The mild morning seemed to invigorate birds around this central Columbus
park this morning, and I had lots of singing and calling residents, and a
few early migrants. Included among the finds were:

Black Ducks - a pair were with a flock of mallards along the Olentangy
River here.
Red-shouldered hawk - 1 adult was hanging around the ravine area
Barred Owl - 1 was hiding in a wintercreeper tangle in the ravine
BrownCreepers - at least 2 foraging in the ravine
Winter Wren - 1 working along the ground in the ravine
Golden-cr.Kinglets - 2-3 in the riparian forest along the Olentangy River
Red-winged Blackbirds - 2 in the pocket prairie; another 2 as flyovers in
the Park of Roses
Brown-headed Cowbirds - calling birds in the pocket prairie and the Park of

Please consider joining our Society, at