Date: 2/20/18 7:51 pm
From: Zack Schlanger <schlanger99...>
Subject: [obol] Rainier Slaty-Backed - NO
Spent a good part of the day waiting at the public docks in Rainier
(actually upriver from the Rainier City Park) without success. Also went on
an excursion to try my luck at nearly every large parking lot and grassy
park in Kelso-Longview, but struck-out up there.
After a couple hours with Bob Burley and Andy Frank, I left the docks
around 4:55 when visibility really started to fail from the falling snow.
There was one lookalike WEGU with a very orange bill, but alas, dark eyes
and white-headed. 6 gull species for the day nonetheless.
Kudos to Colby and Nick for their fortuitous find!

- Zack

Join us on Facebook!