Date: 2/20/18 1:54 pm
From: Kristen Lindquist <kelindquist...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Turkey Vulture, Camden, 2.20.18
My husband reported seeing a Turkey Vulture soaring near our house in
Camden this morning--my favorite sign of spring!

The Red-bellied Woodpecker that has been visiting our suet all winter is
still around, as well. When I hear that call in the morning, I close my
eyes and pretend I'm somewhere warmer.

Kristen Lindquist

haiku blog:

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama

Maine birds mailing list
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!