Date: 2/20/18 10:51 am
From: Kevin DeBoer <kevdeboer...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Info for White-tailed Ptarmigan
I agree with Sheridan. Best bet for access with young kids would be to hope
they're along the road, or viewable, up on Loveland Pass. The wind up there
can be pretty strong, so they'll most likely be hunkered down. I haven't
been up there this season, but scan any vegetation that hasn't been
completely covered by the recent snowfalls. A scope can be beneficial in
doing so if you have one. It's a hit or miss bird, but hopefully the young
kids can keep an eye out on the way up the pass and may come up with a
roadside bird!

Kevin DeBoer
Lakewood, CO

On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 7:20:18 PM UTC-7, <kirkh......> wrote:
> Hello Colorado birders,
> I'm visiting Colorado this week and I am hoping to see White-tailed
> Ptarmigan. On Thursday, I'll be driving from Denver to Snowmass. I've come
> across Guanella Pass as being a good spot to search for them, but it looks
> like the road to the pass is closed. Is that true? I'll have a my young
> kids with me, so a long trek through the snow isn't in the cards for this
> trip. If I can't get to Guanella Pass is there another location along
> Highway 70 where I could search for them? Thanks for your help!
> Kirk Hardie
> Incline Village, NV

To view this discussion on the web visit<16e86905-42fe-47e2-81f3-ae1bfd37d719...>
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!