Date: 2/19/18 7:44 pm
From: Lisa Kaufman <kaufmanlisa18...>
Subject: white-winged scoter on the Ohio
I saw a white-winged scoter with a small mixed flock of scaup and redheads on the near shore of the Ohio River early this morning off Doerr Street by the Woods Run prison. I posted a pic with my e-bird listing. Sorry for the belated notice — it’s a lifer for me, and I didn’t realize what I had till I got home after work 12 hours later, pulled it up on my computer and got out my Sibley’s. The flock has been there for several weeks but I haven’t seen the scoter before. Maybe it’ll stick around! I spotted it about 7:30 in the morning and it was there when I left about an hour later.
Lisa Kaufman
Join us on Facebook!