Date: 2/19/18 7:05 am
From: Lisa Brohl <lakbrohl...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Turkey Vulture on South Bass Island
I saw my first turkey vulture on South Bass Island this morning. Sheri Kowalski reported one on February 13 along the west shore of the island. It has been a great ice-fishing season with lots of fish entrails on the ice off the west shore of the island-hundreds of herring gulls and an occasional greater black-backed gull have been feasting there and may be attracting the vultures too although I have not seen them there yet. We had a visit from a Glaucous Gull on January 7 and several visits to the fish by American Crows.

Lisa Brohl

Please consider joining our Society, at