Date: 2/18/18 9:55 pm
From: Barbara Combs <bcombs232...>
Subject: [obol] Harrisburg-Coburg Raptor Survey February 17
Kai Williams and I did the Harrisburg-Coburg raptor survey on Saturday,
February 17.

Temperatures were within a few degrees of 50 for the day.
There was quite a bit of wind, often around 10-20 mph, with some gusts
that had us holding on to our hats. The sky was usually cloudy. In and
around Coburg we experienced some light rain and limited visibility. Early
in the day there were some very light sprinkles in the northern section of
the route.

The birds:

3 Turkey Vulture (arrived early this year)
18 Red-tailed Hawk
18 American Kestrel (including a pair sheltering together in a small bush)
1 Northern Harrier
16 Bald Eagle (one pair was showing interest in their already gigantic
1 Merlin
1 Cooper's Hawk

Barbara Combs obie '70
Lane County, OR