Date: 2/18/18 8:32 pm
From: Sean Williams <seanbirder...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Re: Mew Gull- Nahant Beach
Hello all,

Dan Burton and I followed today's Mew Gull from Nahant Beach over to King's
Beach later in the afternoon, where were joined by several other birders.
Suzanne Sullivan, Ted Bradford, and I gave our best attempts at figuring
out the band number, and fortunately the bird was cooperative. The band
number confirms that this individual is the same exact bird present at
Nahant Beach and King's Beach in February 2017, almost exactly one year
ago! This bird was banded as a chick on June 23, 2013 in
Akureyrarflugvöllur, Iceland. What an amazing story this bird is telling us!

Full details and photographs of the bird and its band can be seen here-

Good birding,

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 2:53 PM, Sean Williams <seanbirder...> wrote:
> Hello all,
> Dan Burton and I are watching a Mew Gull foraging in the surf with some
Ring-billed Gulls at Nahant Beach, only a couple hundred yards down from
the parking lot at the rotary. It’s 2:45 pm.
> Good birding,
> Sean

Sean M. Williams
Westborough, Massachusetts