Date: 2/18/18 8:22 pm
From: Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Slaty-backed Gull in Columbia County
Thanks to Nick's speedy post, I was able to get up to Rainier to see the
Slaty-backed Gull. I managed some pretty good photos in the fading light
(see ebird checklist at the bottom). This was a large, heavy-billed
slaty-backed in my opinion (my experience is very limited, but judging from
references and Bob O'Brien's recent posts). It's bill was also quite
orange, but all other features seemed to check the boxes for slaty-backed.
Nick has some flight shots too, which he can add later.

Philip Kline.

On Feb 18, 2018 4:02 PM, "Nicholas Mrvelj" <nickmrvelj...> wrote:

Hello all,

Colby Neuman just spotted an adult SLATY-BACKED GULL in the town of
Rainier. It's currently sitting on a dock in the company of about 100 other
gulls. Best viewed behind the restaurants off of E A Street where it meets
E 2nd Street.

-Nick Mrvelj

Join us on Facebook!