Date: 2/18/18 4:42 pm
From: Rich Rieger via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] RedNecked Grebe @ Burke Lake
Greetings and Salutations -

Sherman Suter and I headed out this p.m. and found our sought after RN Grebe late in the day at Burke Lake (Fairfax Co). It was not too far out from the boat ramp when last we saw it.

After observing a smallish murmur of Starlings (200), we heard another rustle of wings that grew louder and louder. That turned out to be a flock of Grackles that we estimated to be 5,000 strong. Quite the sight as they flew off in an easterly direction.

Rich Rieger