Date: 2/18/18 8:46 am
From: Ellen Cantor <ellencantor...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene Birders Night Monday, Feb 19 with Birds of San Blas, Mexico Presentation
The next Eugene Birders Night (SWOC) meeting will be held Monday, Feb 19,
2017 at 7 pm at the McNail-Riley house, 601 W 13th Ave, Eugene. The
McNail-Riley House is the restored historic house at the NW corner of W.
13th Ave. and Jefferson St. The parking area, located immediately west of
the McNail-Riley House, can be accessed from 13th St, by turning left
(north) shortly before Jefferson St. It may also be accessed by Jefferson
St. via the driveway located immediately north of the M-R House. We are
allowed to park only in the 5 spaces closest to the M-R house. If these
spaces are full, you can take the west exit from the M-R parking lot on to
13 Ave, then go directly across 13th to enter and park in the Fairgrounds
parking lot.
After initial introductions, we’ll share recent sightings and discuss
birding connected topics. Then Stephen Franzen will present photographs and
tales of his recent birding trip with his wife Judy to San Blas and
surrounding area. As a result of its high diversity of habitats, the San
Blas region hosts 300 species of birds, which include 30 country endemics.
These habitats include coastline and estuaries (including the San Cristóbal
and El Pozo mangrove estuaries); sustainable coffee plantations, and
primary forest.

No entrance fees! All are welcome!

Contact <ellencantor...> for further information

Join us on Facebook!