Date: 2/17/18 9:20 pm
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Fwd: eBird Report - Sagamore Hill area, Hamilton, Feb 17, 2018
Sagamore Hill (Donovan Reservation), Hamilton

Feb 17, 2018 11:55 AM - 1:35 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: I walked this magnificent new Greenbelt property for the first time since Greenbelt installed the new parking lot at the NW corner off Candlewood Rd. Even on a nice day the place was dead as a door nail for birds, but come spring this place will be a great hotspot.
9 species (+3 other taxa)

American Black Duck 7
duck sp. 7
Turkey Vulture 2
Red-tailed Hawk 4
Larus sp. 4
Mourning Dove 1
Blue Jay 1
American Crow 1
crow sp. 2
Black-capped Chickadee 2
Tufted Titmouse 4
White-breasted Nuthatch 1

View this checklist online at

Pony Express fields, Ipswich
Feb 17, 2018 1:40 PM - 2:05 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.1 mile(s)
Comments: I checked here briefly, but there were zero geese and zero almost everything else.
5 species (+1 other taxon)

Red-tailed Hawk 1
Buteo sp. 2 distant
Mourning Dove 1
American Crow 7 These were the only birds using the fields. No larks.
Eastern Bluebird 2
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored) 2

View this checklist online at