Date: 2/17/18 4:07 pm
From: Mike Tucker <bnatural2...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Barrow’s Goldeneye
I had a drake Barrow’s Goldeneye on Long Pond in Falmouth around 11:30 this morning.
It was seen on the southeast part of the pond. From one of the few stretches of trail that’s somewhat close to the pond. I watched for about two minutes before it flew to the north end of the pond.
In the last minute of watching it, I tried taking a picture with my cell through my binoculars. It was very frustrating and I wasn’t able to get the shot.
The pond is a public drinking water supply and you need to stay on the trail/road when going around the pond. There’s very few vantage points to see the pond well.

Mike Tucker,
Woods Hole, MA

Sent from my iPhone
Join us on Facebook!