Date: 2/17/18 3:04 pm
From: Michael Fialkovich <mpfial...>
Subject: WRS--Allegheny
After a few weekends of rain and snow, we were between weather systems this morning that allowed enough time to run this survey. One of our major highways through Pittsburgh was closed in one section due to flooding. I exit before the flooded area to reach the beginning of my survey, but I was concerned about traffic issues. Thankfully there were none.

The road into Dashields Dam was closed and despite checking the area from Shoose Park nearby as well as the nest site nearby I didn't see any eagles.

County - Allegheny
Date - 2-17-2018
Observers- Mike Fialkovich
Total time actually surveying Hours:Minutes - 3hr: 15 min.
Start time/End time - 10:15 am / 1 pm
Miles on route - 56

Harriers-1 imm.

Red-tails- Ad./Imm./ND - 3Ad. / 2ND

Rough-legs- Light/Dark-0

Kestrels- M/F/ND- 2 ND

Sharp-shins- 0

Cooper's - 0

Red-shoulders- Ad/Imm/ND -0

Bald Eagles- Ad/Imm.-0

Other raptors ? Peregrine Falcon - 1

Shrikes? None

Avg Temp.- 33 F
Sky- Clear/Pt cloudy/Cloudy- Cloudy
Wind - Light/medium/strong- Light
Avg Snow cover depth - 0

Other Birds:
Bufflehead - six on the Ohio River at the McKees Rocks Boat Dock. They flew upriver while was was there.
Wild Turkey - 12+ at Imperial.
Peregrine Falcon - 1 at the I79 Bridge over Neville Island
Cooper's Hawk - one perched on a light post on the Blvd. of the Allies in Pittsburgh. This is not part of the survey route.
Join us on Facebook!