Date: 2/17/18 10:51 am
From: David McDonald <dkmmdpa...>
Subject: [texbirds] Purple Sandpiper at Point Comfort
Hi Texbirders.
As Joe Fischer already mentioned the bird was in the same place. He and
Dennis Cook had spotted the bird when I got there about 7:15am.

He is with a group of Ruddy Turnstones and they fly around quite a bit.
They disappeared for 1/2 hour and then came back. I left about 9:15 after
they flew off a second time.

Here he is with a buddy. You can see the purple sheen a bit.

and a couple of others

Great bird and a lifer for me. Thanks to Bob Friedrichs for finding and
posting it yesterday.

David McDonald
Friendswood Texas

from the List Owner