Date: 2/17/18 4:30 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Re Backyard Birds
Hi Kathy,

At our house, birds are not deterred by deer in any way. However, we had
something similar happen, and it turned out it was the seed. Not sure if
it was a bad batch of seed, but we threw out all the seed and started with
fresh, and the birds came right back to the same feeder.

Interestingly, the birds will not touch safflower in any of our feeders or
on the ground. And last year, not one bird ate any thistle. Another birder
last year had the same issue with thistle. So, we stopped putting out

Happy Birding!
> James and Janet from Penfield, NY

*Janet Lynn Bovitz-Sandefur*
Rochester, New York USA

Founder of: ** <>

*Always, ALWAYS take a moment to JUST DO SOMETHING!*
You never know if YOUR action is the ONLY action that will help save or
better an animal's life.

- Speak Up: Be Their Voice.
- Never, EVER turn your back.
- Become educated. There is no excuse for ignorance.
- Spread awareness and knowledge. Sharing MATTERS.
- Sign and share Animal Petitions - they really, really DO make a
- Jump in and be a *Guest Blogger*
<> on our site!
Share what you're doing!
- Did you have an Advocacy Moment? *Let us know*
<> and
we'll share it!