Date: 2/15/18 10:54 pm
From: SeEttaM . <seettam...>
Subject: [cobirds] Leucistic dark morph Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk in Otero County
On my drive back from an extended trip to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas I
spotted several dark morph Harlan's Red-tailed Hawks including one apparent
leucism. I usually see several Harlan's Hawks every year but I have never
seen a leucistic one and it was most striking. I have uploaded several
photos of the bird onto my Birds and Nature blog

It was a productive drive from Lamar to Canon City with a total of 36
Red-tailed Hawks (including several Harlan's) and 1 Northern Harrier viewed
as I drove down H50. This corridor is usually quite productive for raptors
but was especially so this trip.

My blog has some interesting birds I photographed in the Rio Grande Valley
including Blue Bunting and Rose-throated Becard for those interested.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City

To view this discussion on the web visit<CAAUvckruGvXzPd520dkpgroaXBpxQ3GmX1H0ALcNd_oqCVn1LQ...>
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!