Date: 2/15/18 5:03 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Ontario County Snowy Owls
Coming back from Geneva along County Route 4, I had a Snowy on a pole below Spring Hope Dairy just west of Algerine Street in Stanley. Continuing West I turned left onto Spangle Street and found another sitting on a propane tank very close behind the building opposite the end of Booth Road in Canandaigua. Both fairly light birds. Reading Bill’s post I stopped at Kershaw Park and could not find his bird but found a very dark female way out on the ice. Before leaving a lighter bird flew from west to east in front of me. A building blocked my view of where it ended up. Traffic and the case of a photographer chasing the Sandhill Road bird across the field yesterday prevented me from confirming that the white bump in the usual field was a snowy also. Mike Tetlow

Sent from my iPhone