Date: 2/15/18 12:42 pm
From: Ragupathy Kannan <0000013b0ad14faf-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Massard prairie restoration
He is giving a departmental seminar tomorrow in UAFS at noon.  (Anyone is welcome).  I've been exploring doing a research project with Jay on this with students.  But it is hard to find undergrads interested in research.  They all want to go to med school or PA school.  And most of them need Plan Bs.......
On Thursday 15 February 2018, 11:02:21 AM GMT-6, Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...> wrote:

I will be working with Jay as far as the birds go. He has already been in touch with others in reference to the flora already on the course. There have been surveys done, plots burned. He plans on connecting some of the plots with prairie grass to make connecting wildlife corridors.  I'd like to see AAS be able to participate in some way. But, this project is just starting.  So we shall see what develops.
On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 10:45 AM Bill Shepherd <stoneax63...> wrote:

Many thanks for sharing this report, Sandy.  It's the first time I've ever known a golf course to be a site for ecosystem (prairie in this case) restoration.  At the very least, it serves an educational purpose.

Whatever works . . .

Bill Shepherd 2805 Linden, Apt. 3 Little Rock, Arkansas 72205-5964 <Stoneax63...> (501) 375-3918