Date: 2/15/18 7:26 am
From: Holly Platz <Holly.Platz...>
Subject: [texbirds] South Llano River State Park recent birds
Good morning TexBirders,
It's starting to (slowly) feel like spring here at South Llano River State Park in Junction! Some interesting birds have been seen lately:

- 2-3 Cassin's Finches (1 male and 2 females) have been seen at the Juniper Bird Blind this month. First reported (and photographed) on eBird on January 28th by Mike Stewart and Yvette Haughney, these birds are still being seen, with the latest report from Friday February 9th. Definitely worth keeping your eye out if you are visiting!

- All three Kingfishers have been seen in the last week.

- Regular winter birds are in full force (Cedar Waxwings, lots of sparrows, Spotted Towhee, Hermit Thrush), and the Bird Blinds are busy as always. Lately I've been seeing Rufous-crowned Sparrow at Lora's Blind-this bird is here year-round, but I don't always see it at the blind, so that's always a treat.

Thanks to those who submit eBird reports - I keep a recently-seen bird list at Park Headquarters, and the eBird reports really help me keep the list current!

Just another reminder, the Friends of South Llano River State Park are still taking registrations for our First Annual South Llano River State Park Birding Festival, April 27th-29th of this year. We are really excited about the Festival, with a great lineup of guides and presentations! Check out the Facebook page<> for more information, and email <southllanoriverbirdingfestival...><mailto:<southllanoriverbirdingfestival...> to request a registration packet.

Thanks all and good birding,

Holly Platz
Interpretive Ranger and Volunteer Coordinator
South Llano River State Park
1927 Park Road 73
Junction, TX 76849
(325) 446-3994