Date: 2/14/18 9:27 am
From: Alan Gamache <bird...>
Subject: Common Merganser / New Bern NC
A female Common Merganser at Lawson Creek Park. I was out this morning doing some local birding in downtown New Bern: starting at Union Point Park, History Museum, Lawson Creek Park, etc..

As I was approaching Lawson Creek, I thought to myself, no sense in stopping here, wonít see anything here Iíve not already seen. Oh whatever, I might as well. Drove up to the first set of boat ramps, There it was!! I wasnít on the bird all that long as it gradually swam onto the backside of a patch of marsh grass. Common Merganser / New Bern = Whoopee!

By the way, the solo male Northern Pintail is still hanging around with the Mallards at Union Point Park.

Al Gamache
New Bern, NC

Join us on Facebook!